INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE MIGHT HAVE CHANGED PLEASE CONFIRM WITH EACH SITE OWNERS FOR ACCURATE INFORMATION
For divers, I have acquired a second property with its own contiguous reef excellent for diving. I love this new property. Gorgeous green seaside hills, rocks, trees. However- I am selling it. See this gorgeous property here- Macopa Reefs Beach Front Property For Sale
- Sister Beach, Palms Occi Resort is open for business:
See our Food Offerings here
To all scuba divers out there, WELCOME to The Palms Resort Mindoro ! We are your nearest stepping stone to
Apo Reef Dive Park Philippines
Make us your base camp. The Palms Mindoro puts you and your group that much closer in less time to one of the most exotic, breathtaking underwater dive parks in the world. This perhaps topped only by the Great Barrier Reef of Australia itself. Apo Reef Dive Park Philippines consistently rank in the top three diving destinations worldwide. For you divers, no more 100 mile 2-day journeys from Puerto Galera. No more exhaustion before you reach the dive site. Some divers en-route to Palawan miss this dive because of it’s inconvenient out-of-the-way location.
- Fly into San Jose Airport, the Provincial Airport of Mindoro Occidental. From Manila it is fairly inexpensive. It cost between P900.00 to P1400.00 Philippine pesos, the equivalent of $23.00 to $33.00 US Dollars. That is also about how much it would cost you to ride the bus. That’s nothing, not to mention the time saved.
- Apo Reef Dive Park is 31 miles North-West of The Palms by boat as seen on the map. For a complete itinerary sample see here- how to get to us. It’s pretty easy really; from Manila International Airport (NAIA) you fly into San Jose Airport (SJA) in Mindoro Occidental. The flight takes 1 hour from take off to landing.
Prior arrangements for Airport pickup must be made and paid.
On the side for a minute… lookie here!
Some very wonderful unexpected visitors! Turn down the volume as the boat engine is loud. Also the language is in Filipino. The best parts are toward the end of the vid.. this was about a mile off the beach. We were fine-tuning the new outrigger motor and had a tour of the shoreline. Good thing!
There are numerous dive sites in and around Palms Resort. As we mentioned, our new property Macopa Reef is a full-on dive site!
- LULI Island- out to sea about a mile is the “now-you-see-it-now-you-dont” coral island locals call “LULI”. At low tide you can picnic and B-B-Q on it, at high tide its 5-6 meters underwater.
- Bato Tabaw- a rock outcropping right beside this coral island the locals call “Bato Tabaw”, “Rock on the Water”. Endless wonders! I’ve been told its excellent rock climbing too.
- The Palawan Island is 4 hours across the bay. Excellent dive spot this island is!
Coron Lagoon littered with World War Two era Japanese battleships beacon. I have not seen these wrecks myself and look forward to checking it out personally to give you a complete picture. I wish I still have my eardrums intact. Both are busted & Doc says, “no swimming!” Imagine??
- As of today July 17, 2019 there is only one Air Carrier serving the Manila-Mindoro route and that is Cebu Pacific.
1 “checked-in” FREE luggage allowance of 15kg (33 lbs approx.), and
1 “carry-on” FREE luggage allowance of 7kg (15 lbs approx.).
Small purses on women and small backpacks on men go though without question. Cebu Pacific charges extra for “checked-in” luggage over their Free Baggage Allowance weight and size policies.
- Cebu Pacific Air- Excess Baggage Rate- Domestic to Domestic; this is your rate travelling from an international origination point, then flying from Manila (NAIA- Ninoy Aquino International Airport) to San Jose Airport.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for any questions you may have.