Macopa Reef property is for sale. If interested Contact me.
- Beach front real estate property, facing West to Palawan Island, South China Sea
- Area: 8+ hectares or 17.6 acres
- Undeveloped- Titled
- Topography: sand, hillside, brook, natural spring water on beach wall
- Topography Underwater= shallow plateau that dries on very low tide approx. 50-60 meters wide to the edge of reef, from there a drop on the reef wall of about 15 feet, goes deeper from there
- Natural Resources: mature hardwood trees, fruit trees (mangoes, jackfruit), bananas, bamboo groves
- Other Features: the waters on the front of property is a Marine Preserve, but is open to tourist scuba diving, snorkeling. Absolutely no fishing within the red area of the Preserve.
- Water is deep enough for big vessels for 40+ passengers. Yacht is ok
- Fronting the Mindoro Strait so water is DEEP!
- Development Possibility: It had been ok’d by city Council for a Resort.
Because of the shallow plateau foreshore of the property, dwellings can be constructed here, in the style of Bali or Maldives, See photo below.
The lighter coloration on the water denotes the shallow part that dries up during very low tides.
- Pictured below left is Maldives, photo only for visual information purposes for this article. This was the kind of development I had in mind when I bought this property.
- Underwater it is a contiguous reef. From the beach’ waterline, you could walk 100 meters out on knee-high water during a low tide. When tide is its extreme lowest, the upper shelf dries up for an hour or so.
- This property is water, sand, rocks, hills. Hiking this property can be done on crocs sandals, or with the help of ropes and stakes. For a leisurely walk, stay close to the beach. For intermediate hiker challenge, go uphill to some trails that meander up and down the mountain. Some descents can be 35′ degrees.
- MACOPA REEF sits on a hillside amid hardwood trees and bamboo groves. During the rainy season it springs water off the grounds that turn into a brook which water meanders into the sands then the sea. There is a huge rock right front at the edge of the water. Rocks jut out and vie for space with the towering trees for a perfect green environment of a forested coastline. Beautiful scenery I love. Quiet. Excellent for relaxing.
- One of the most endearing qualities of this property are the full grown trees that dot the hillsides and line the beach sides. Some are fruit trees, some are hardwood.
- One particular tree is a pitstop to a flock of songbirds which keep the whole place musically loud.
According to your outdoors tastes, a shooting range can be developed here. This is where I come to do my practice shoots. Unpopulated crevices in-between hillsides make for perfect war-games! The hiking trails drop off about 35 degrees incline. How athletic are you? 😉
- The whole sea bed is a plateau of reefs atop volcanic rocks. It is teeming with life that is pretty young. In this shallow reef fishes and corals are still in their infancy. Due maybe to the Reef’s constant shallow nature, it’s a perfect place for hatchlings to hang out and be protected from predators.
- As you come to the end of your 100-meter walk you come to a descent in the ocean bed. This cliff drops off to about 30 feet and goes dark from there. Bigger fishes and other lifeforms populate this deep. Different types of corals, some I’ve never seen before seem to be healthy and thriving. Starfishes and many other invertebrates also can be found.
THIS PART OF THE SEA BED IN FRONT OF THIS PROPERTY IS A MARINE PROTECTED SANCTUARY.
Which will protect this environment from shell gathering and fishing.
Your development plans could include water cottages on the plateau. Or a mini boardwalk from the rocks on the beach to the deeper part. At the edge of the drop- a diving platform and sushi bar. Hey, just my suggestion. It was my original plan
If you’re a scuba diver you’ll love this feature of the property.
- For newbs on the water you could snorkel all day and be entertained. The rock formations that support this coral ecology are a breathtaking sight. Jagged, with lots of fissures that shelter fishes and other underwater wildlife.
I dare say this reef’s #MarineEcology are better than #SharksCoveHawaii. Oh yes!
The caretaker had a story of a foreigner who followed a school of fishes to an underwater cave and almost lost his life when time came to surface for air. I refrain from commenting as to his actions and decisions, but it’s easy to believe there are underwater caves here.
I was very excited acquiring this property. Plans for a park-like resort setting so gorgeous and green was immediately drafted. Alas! I have to sell it.
- The pictures only show one-half of the length of the beach. Those rock formations are within the beach area property. They section the property in 2, kind of ‘decorative’ dressing if you will.
- Philippines Coastal Properties are becoming scarce to find. Coastal properties anywhere in the world are gone. All have been developed. Here is one being put on the market. Fairly inexpensive.
- a) Eight ( 8 ) hectares = 17.82 acres.
b) A helipad atop a hill is possible.
c) Near the National Highway but shielded by mountains
d) Other scenic natural sites formations are nearby
e) more properties and acreage may be acquired from surrounding property possessors.
This is a #BeachPropertyFireSale. I need to dispatch fast.