Macopa Reef- not just a name but a description of this property
Not as expensive as you might think ! I will sell in USDollars only. The surrounding properties could be bargained from its rights owners to sell inexpensively, by this- development of a Resort that rivals Buracay is very very possible.
Also that this property faces West- meaning it is sheltered from typhoons that visit the Pacific Ocean every monsoon.. THIS fact alone is valuable priceless asset if one knew the historical destruction of typhoons in these parts
One of the attractions why I bought this property are these rocks.
There are some very big granite boulders on the front, and strewn pretty much all throughout the length of shoreline of this property. There is no other property along this coast as beautifully adorned as this property!
Yes, one of the pics show a trickling of FRESH WATER suitable enough for the locals to fetch their drinking water from! Plans for a grotto on this part is still on… I never stop planning and dreaming..!😊
Below pics are the front sand line of the property and the map location
- Beach front real estate property, facing West to Palawan Island, South China Sea
- Area: 8+ hectares or 17.6 acres
- Undeveloped- Titled, yes
- Topography: sand, hillside, brook, natural spring water on beach wall- see pic
- Topography Underwater= shallow plateau that dries on very low tide approx. 50-60 meters wide to the edge of reef, from there a drop on the reef wall of about 15 feet, goes deeper from there
- Natural Resources: mature hardwood trees, fruit trees (mangoes, jackfruit), bananas, bamboo groves
- Other Features: the waters on the front of property is a Marine Preserve, but is open to tourist scuba diving, snorkeling. Absolutely no fishing within the red area of the Preserve.
- Water is deep enough for big vessels for 40+ passengers. Yacht is ok
- Fronting the Mindoro Strait so water is DEEP!
- Development Possibility: It had been ok’d by city Council for a Resort.
Because of the shallow plateau foreshore of the property, dwellings can be constructed here, in the style of Bali or Maldives, those huts that sit atop water can be done here too.
The lighter coloration on the water denotes the shallow part that dries up during very low tides. Picture of Maldives huts only to show example..
Mature vegetation inside the property and on shoreline. One of these trees is what this property is named after- it’s the wild variety of macopa- therefore named Macopa Reef Resort [ the name was when I wanted to develop it. Still planning on it.. did I already say I won’t stop… well, yes! ]
- Underwater it is a contiguous reef. From the beach’ waterline, you could walk 100 meters out on knee-high water during a low tide. When tide is its extreme lowest, this part dries up until the tide dries up
- This property is water, sand, rocks, hills.
- Hiking this property can be done on crocs sandals, or with the help of ropes and stakes, which ever one you are! For a leisurely walk, stay close to the beach. For intermediate hiker challenge, go uphill to some trails that meander up and down the mountain staying still within this property. Some descents can be 35′ degrees.
- MACOPA REEF above water sits on a hillside amid hardwood trees and bamboo groves. During the rainy season it springs water off the grounds that turn into a brook which water meanders into the sands then the sea.
- There is a huge rock right front at the edge of the water. Rocks jut out and vie for space with the towering trees for a perfect green environment of a forested coastline. Beautiful scenery I love. Quiet. Excellent for relaxing.
- One of the most endearing qualities of this property are the full grown trees that dot the hillsides and line the beach sides. Some are fruit trees, some are hardwood.
- One particular tree is a pitstop to a flock of songbirds which keep the whole place musically loud.
- The whole sea bed is a plateau of reefs atop volcanic rocks. It is teeming with life that is pretty young. In this shallow reef fishes and corals are still in their infancy. Due maybe to the Reef’s constant shallow nature, it’s a perfect place for hatchlings to hang out and be protected from predators.
- As you come to the end of your 100-meter walk you come to a descent in the ocean bed. This cliff drops off to about 30 feet and goes dark from there. Bigger fishes and other lifeforms populate this deep. Different types of corals, some I’ve never seen before seem to be healthy and thriving. Starfishes and many other invertebrates also can be found.
THIS PART OF THE SEA BED IN FRONT OF THIS PROPERTY IS A MARINE PROTECTED SANCTUARY.
Which will protect this environment from human exploitation.
If you’re a scuba diver you’ll love this feature of the property.
- For newbs on water sports– you could snorkel all day and be entertained. The rock formations that support this coral ecology are a breathtaking sight. Jagged, with lots of fissures that shelter fishes and other underwater wildlife.
I dare say this reef’s #MarineEcology are better than #SharksCoveHawaii. Oh yes!
The caretaker had a story of a foreigner who followed a school of fishes to an underwater cave and almost lost his life when time came to surface for air. I refrain from commenting as to his actions and decisions, but it’s easy to that there are cave-like formations here made of coral reefs.
Points of interest worthy to explore
Since the foreshore of this resort property is now a marine sanctuary no more fishing is allowed but go out to the outside and fish to your heart’s content!
The Rock outcropping is 1 mile away from shore and is part of the marine preserve but still available for snorkeling
The coral bed is also about 1 mile offshore. On very low tides this coral atoll surfaces to the top and is baked in the sun for about one hour. When high tide comes in it goes under as if some mysterious power had gripped it and had taken it under water for the next show– truly #Nature is magnificently marvelous!
I was very excited acquiring this property. Plans for a park-like resort setting so gorgeous and green was immediately drafted. Alas! I have to sell it. MAYBE!! 😉
- Philippines Coastal Properties are becoming scarce to find. Coastal properties anywhere in the world are gone. All have been developed. Here is one being put on the market. Fairly inexpensive.
- a) Eight ( 8 ) hectares = 17.82 acres.
b) A helipad atop a hill is possible.
c) Near the National Highway but shielded by mountains
d) Other scenic natural sites formations are nearby, see pictures
e) more properties and acreage may be acquired from surrounding property possessors.
~email if any questions~ See Contact Page or ask for my cphone #