INFORMATION RESORT RESERVATIONS, PAYMENTS, AIRLINES EXPENSES
The Resort is CLOSED.
All information presented please verify with each site owner- airlines, etc
Approximation of expenses to vacation at Palms Occi Resort Mindoro, Philippines, to answer the ‘How Much’ question
1. IBAN/ SWIFT CODE: Direct Bank Pay
Bank Codes will be supplied at time of Booking Reservation. Direct Pay preferred for its convenience and safety.
2. CASH at The Resort:
USDOLLAR CASH & PH PESOS accepted at the Resort for all your miscellaneous expenses. Conversion rate varies.
3. Western Union to Bank- send via WU, I will provide my account numbers upon reservation.
AIR LINES & LUGGAGE FEES:
Airlines have “in season” and “off season” schedules that affect their air fares. June and December seem to be the highest fares for the Philippines because class is out in the USA. June, school is out. December is Christmas of course.
Approximate Fares to Manila; Info is Origination Point LAX, California, USA. Destination Point NAIA Manila- Ninoy Aquino International Airport Manila
Date: July 18, 2019
Air Fare= $699.00
See links below for more info on each individual air carriers.
- Passenger Type- adult fare starts at age 12. Babies and small kids’ fare vary. Each paying passenger gets their own free luggage allowances
- Class or Section- for example economy, first class, business class
- The Philippine Travel Tax is PHP1,620.00 (approximately $35.00).
- All passengers departing from the NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) are expected to pay the Airport Terminal Fee of PHP750.00 (approximately $17.00). No one is exempt from paying the Airport Terminal Fee. The cashier accepts cash in pesos or dollars, and also credit cards.
- Luggage Over-weight Fee- this is your check in luggage. Do not go over the weight limit or it gets very expensive per kilo. This is true especially on PH Domestic flights
- 2-pieces checked-in luggage, each weighing 50 lbs. each for a total of 100 lbs. of free checked-in luggage allowance per person. This is a big deal to Filipino travelers. If you’re a scuba diver this is good for you.
Free Carry-on Luggage Allowance- 1 purse, and 1 carry-all that will fit under the seat, or in the overhead bins, approximately 15 lbs.
Computer bags and laptop carriers- as long as there is a laptop in the bag, and the size conforms to “checked-in” luggage requirements, you will not have any problems w/ going a little bit over the weight limit. Be sure to tell the counter about the laptop if necessary.
THE INTERNATIONAL AIR LINES (4)
1. Philippine Airlines- I prefer this airline simply because it’s a direct flight. Total flight time to Manila is 13+ hours.
“Non-stop” service affects air fares. One such airline is Philippine Airlines which seem to be a little bit more expensive than most. Non-stop flight mean ease for a lot of travelers and it’s worth paying the few extra dollars.
I want to put in an FYI here: this airline is almost always packed. It is the favorite airline for a lot of Filipino returnees- the old and infirm, young families with kids, along with the regular tourists. The seating also leaves you with a little nagging desire for just a few more inches of leg room. I grumble but the convenience of a “non-stop” flight still overrides all.
2. Korean Air- newer jets, ok seating but nothing to differentiate from any other air liner. This flight stops for 2 hours in Seoul, South Korea. For Korean Air Luggage, see here. Korean Air transports pet.
3. Asiana Airlines- more legroom than most airlines that serve Asia/ Philippines. Food is eatable.. 😦 2-hour stop-over in Taiwan is normal. Asiana Airlines Check-in Luggage info, see here. For Asiana Airlines Carry-on Luggage, check here. Asiana Airlines Pet Travel.
4. Cathay Pacific- the most expensive so far to this point. The reason maybe is that there are more added taxes as they itemize it. Stop-over in Hong Kong, and if all you’re doing there is a few hours’ lay-over, I see no need to pay HK taxes for anything! Cathay Pacific Checked-in Luggage, see here. Cathay Pacific Carry-on Luggage. Cathay Pacific Travelling with Pets info, see here.
There are more airliners that serve USA/ Manila, Philippines but these 4 are enough to choose from. Service-wise, and cabin-wise there really is not much to differentiate any of these airlines from each other in any way worth talking about.
I book our flights on Travelocity instead of going to each individual airline site. I find working with Travelocity a little easier, with more comparison possibilities for finding cheaper rates.
THE DOMESTIC AIR LINES (1)
- Cebu Pacific Manila to San Jose Airport, Mindoro Occidental:
Cebu Pacific website was a little harder to navigate. It’s not very clear under what button the information you seek is hiding under! ;(( I don’t like it.
Also that I had highlighted the “one-way” button, still it asks me to input a “date of return”. I contacted help on messenger, they were equally as not understanding what I typed, “do you still fly to Mindoro Island from Manila?” At least I got an answer of yes, but where to find it on their website was really frustrating.
Pictured above is a mock booking so that I’d see at least a fare estimate. Again that information is with a return flight instead of “one-way”, so cut it in half..
Approximate airfare is from PHP1200.00 or approximately USD 25.00
For Euros or other denominations, pls. check your country’s currency exchanges.
**USD to PHP: JULY 18, 2019
The exchange rate is $1.00 (USDollar) to P51.00 (Philippine Peso).
The exchange rate at the resort will be lower than publicized public exchanges.
Please email us and ask for the prevailing exchange rate at the Resort at that time. Whatever is the quoted rate we give you at the time of check-in is what the governing rate of exchange shall be throughout the duration of your stay.